Associate Dean Arthur Acevedo
- He was interviewed by Crain’s Chicago Business in a story about directors of Tribune Publishing recommending shareholders vote for a sale to Alden Global Capital while acknowledging a competing bid is worth more money. Dean Acevedo addressed the obligations of a corporate board and why a lower offer might be preferred by the group.
Associate Dean Samuel V. Jones
- He was interviewed during a WTTW-TV “Chicago Tonight” news segment on the Chicago Police shootings of Anthony Alvarez and Adam Toledo.
- He joined WBEZ’s “Reset” for a segment that covered racial disparities in police use-of-force incidents in the wake of the Daunte Wright killing in Minnesota.
- He appeared on “ABC Nightline” to discuss the killing of Daunte Wright and racial disparities in police use of force.
Professor Maureen B. Collins
- She is the inaugural recipient and namesake of the UIC Review of Intellectual Property Law’s Maureen B. Collins Award for Excellence.
Professor Steven D. Schwinn
- He appeared on FOX Chicago’s “Good Day Chicago” to talk about the legality of COVID-19 vaccine “passports.”
- She published “Providing Virtual Legal Writing Support to Law Students Beyond the Classroom” in the Legal Writing Institute’s The Second Draft (Volume 34, No. 1)